November 27, 2010

Paradise Lost

So today I was busy helping set up the South Stage at this years Festival of Trees. FOT is a fundraiser for Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake City. My friend Aimee is a board member and I have been on her committee for the last 7 years or so.
Anyways. I digress. After 3 hours of stage set-up we were done and it was lunchtime. Just down the street is a Paradise Bakery. It was cold and gray outside, so soup sounded perfect. I got the "Signature You Choose Two". This entailed choosing from soup, salad and sandwiches. I chose soup and salad. I talked the guy at the cashier into giving me a cookie with it...the sandwiches all come with cookies...what gives? As it was, my "signature" combo was $8.50...so a cookie should automatically be involved kwim? Well, I added a small soft drink because I was desperate for some Dr. Pepper energy and about $11.50 later I was thinking I just should have gone to Lone Star and gotten a steak...jeez. Ah well. Live and let learn...

1 comment: