December 16, 2010

Save the Drama for Your Mama-Oh Wait, I'm Your Mama

Sorry if my post is negative today,  I just gotta get this off my chest.

With the holiday season comes excitement, fast- paced in all it's glory.  With excitement comes the inevitable meltdown.  I have been dealing with kids full time.  I am the only parent who parents around these parts.  My insignificant other is never to be found.  Oh he comes home only when it is convenient for him, like today when he ran out of clean clothes.

It's not so bad when he is gone...I keep to a fairly settled schedule.  Wake kids up, breakfast, hair, school for the big ones, school for the little one, pick up little one, pick up big ones, snack, homework, dinner, baths, bedtime.  It's important to me that this be adhered to as much as possible for the sake of ALL our sanity.

Enter DH*- lets go rock climbing (um, kids need to finish homework), Let's go see a movie (At 8:00pm on a school night, no FREAKING way, are you EVER here to help me wake up kids in the morning and get them ready for the day?), Oh, I've decided to rearrange this room (what the he$$?  No, the kids can't find their things and I'll be cleaning up after you for 3 days).

Well guess what?  DH is the FUN Dad.  The kids get to play and have a fun time...guess who gets left in the dust?  Yup, it's pretty much a no brainer.

After the fun exciting "Dad" time, who is left with the tired, whiny, hungry kids?  How convenient for you DH that you have to go to work.  I get yelled at, cried at, deal with nightmares and fighting after you leave.  Did I ask for this? No way, but there I am having to deal with the drama of post-daddy fun.  Sometimes being a mom is so hard.

Thanks for letting me vent.  I feel better. See :)



*DH in NO way refers to "darling husband" (lucky for you gals who actually have a darling husband).  I think you know the other connotation, right? (damn husband)  

1 comment:

  1. oh my!
    Geez.
    I think he needs to step up and be a REAL Dad for a change.
    i like the connotation "Damn dad" rofl...
    oh my!

    ReplyDelete